CODE OF ETHICS PRINCIPLES OF INTEGRITY
Shamanic practitioners are not regulated or licensed like other professions. Because of the nature of shamanic practice there is no governing body, no centers of higher education and training, and no regulatory bodies. Shamanic practitioners develop their expertise in many ways including direct revelation from Spirit, apprenticing with a teacher, studying with master shamans and the like. While many practitioners are very knowledgeable they may never have had official classes in counseling skills or bedside manner. In addition there are no classes or oaths regarding ethics for shamanic practitioners and regrettably like in all professions there have been some abuses.
We uphold the Principles of Integrity (Society for Shamanic Practice) and Lakota Values.
PRINCIPLES OF INTEGRITY
hard working, high integrity, service oriented healers who are dedicated to the well being of their clients.
- I will work in sacred alliance with Spirit, and to be informed and guided by that Source, and not my own ego, in offering service to others.
- I will recognize the wholeness inherent in every person or group or circumstance that comes for healing and to honor whatever form in which its pain is presented to me.
- I will be mindful of speech, thought, and action and their impact on building relationships both in the present and through time into future and past.
- I will be respectful of others, even in their differences.
- I will work with compassion and non-judgment.
- I will do no harm and to avoid any sexual misconduct in my work with clients.
- I will maintain clients’ privacy.
- I will be honest with clients and other practitioners, and will be truthful in the manner in which I present myself in public relations and advertising.
- I will refrain from posting any content that advertises the use of plant medicines, which are not legal in the country where this website is maintained.
- I will offer fair and appropriate fees.
- In service to others, I will keep my own life and personhood in balance to the best of my ability.